This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here

About Us


The Royal Leicestershire Regiment

The Royal Leicestershire Regiment was an infantry regiment. It was formed in 1688 and served with distinction around the world until being merged into The Royal Anglian Regiment in 1964. Since 1825 it was known by its famous nickname "The Tigers". Further details can be found on the History page of this website.

The Regiment has a thriving association for old comrades (The Royal Tigers' Association), a splendid Regimental Chapel in Leicester Cathedral, a fascinating Regimental Museum in Leicester and a living memorial to the Regiment (Royal Tigers' Wood) at Bagworth in Leicestershire.

President

Brigadier A Fisher

The Regimental Trustees

Captain T R Wilkes (Chairman)
Captain R J Allen MBE
Brigadier A Fisher
Colonel M K Goldschmidt
Captain R C Lane
Colonel W H Morris
Mr C G Packham
Major General A J G Pollard CB CBE DL
Colonel R H Robinson OBE
Captain T D Smith MBE
Colonel F A H Swallow OBE
Mr S H Woolfe

 

The Royal Tigers' Association

Membership of The Royal Tigers' Association is free and open to all former soldiers (old comrades) of The Royal Leicestershire Regiment and its successor The Royal Anglian Regiment. Applications for membership should be sent by email or letter to the Association Secretary at the address below.

The Association holds reunions, organises events, provides charitable assistance to its members when needed and runs a small shop of regimental items. Further details about events and reunions can be found on the News page of this website.

Charity number: 263822

 

The General Committee of The Royal Tigers' Association

Captain R J Allen MBE (Chairman)
Mr R E Jones (Vice-Chairman)
Mr A Alexander
Mr R J C Allen
Mr D T Bell
Mr G N A Eustace
Mr R A Gill
Mr J M Gould
Mr J M Leake
Mr B S Nagra MBE
Mr V Sherwood
Mr R Sprason
Mr T Taylor

 

Headquarters Office

The Association Secretary
The Royal Tigers' Association
Army Reserve Centre
Ulverscroft Road
Leicester
LE4 6BY

Office hours: Monday – Wednesday 09.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.

Telephone: 0116 2489668

Email: royaltigersassoc@tiscali.co.uk

Most archival records about the Regiment are deposited in:

The Record Office for Leicestershire and Rutland
Long Street
Wigston
LE18 2AH

Telephone: 0116 2571080.

Email: recordoffice@leics.gov.uk

 

The Green Tiger

Our regimental journal, The Green Tiger, has been published since 1904. It now publishes two editions per year (Spring and Autumn). Contributions for possible publication can be sent to the Editor:

Captain Mark Overland GCGI MCIPR
Editor, The Green Tiger
TA Centre
Ulverscoft Road
Leicester
LE4 6BY.

Telephone: 07815 767565

Email: GreenTigerEditor@aol.com

Hard copies of The Green Tiger can be obtained from the Regimental Headquarters office above. For research, all editions can be accessed online in our Green Tiger Journals section.

 

The Royal Anglian Regiment

The Royal Anglian Regiment, our successor regiment, was formed in 1964. Its Headquarters are at:

The Keep
Gibraltar Barracks
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
IP33 3RN

Telephone: 01284 752394

Email: INFHQ-QUEENS-RANG-RegtSec@mod.uk

Website: http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/3475.aspx